Our dialogs are done in the style of a 'novela' : a continuous story. These are Portuguese video lessons that follow a specific learning plan and build-up sentence structure gradually, as the story progresses. There are over 200 core video dialogs not including the "Street Dialogs" that are added monthly. These are divided into beginner, intermediate and advanced learner categories. You can study at any level and even jump around! Every dialog is supported by breakdown and pronunciation videos, grammar training and a practice app.
The best way to learn Portuguese online is with video, not audio.
Video stimulates your brain in a way that audio alone cannot. The Semantica Method uses video dialogs of real-life situations. It’s designed for fast comprehension and long-term retention. It's based on the idea that stories with context are the most powerful tool for learning language. It will get you out of the beginner category and talking to the natives.
Lessons looks like this:
The main novelas (stories) of the course are:
- O Retorno © 2020 intermediate/advanced
- Eduardo e Monica © 2017 beginning/intermediate
- O Encontro - the remake © 2016 beginning
- Street Dialogs © 2015 beginning/intermediate/advanced
- A Virada © 2013 intermediate/advanced
- Advanced Dialogs © 2012 advanced
- Músicas © 2011 all levels
- O Encontro © 2008 beginning